Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to setup HP DesignJet 500 42+HPGL2 Card 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacim

Technical User
Sep 5, 2002
US
i'm am trying to setup HP DesignJet 500 42+HPGL2 Card plotter in Softdesk 8 r14 with a usb connection.
Can't figure how to set the plotter through "hpconifg" within the software. I had no problem with using a parellel port but our new computer doesn't have a parellel port, just usb ports.
I am using Softdesk 8 on a win. xp and a hp500 desingjet plotter.

Hi Hacim,

Hmm... You might have some trouble with this setup. r14 really doesn't do well on XP at all. What you'll need to do is setup your DesignJet as a system printer and see if AutoCAD can find it that way. Failing this, you may have to plot to a file, and then use the old plot spooler option to send the file to the plotter (via a DOS batch file which just copies the file to the printer.)

HTH
Todd

IF I INSTALL A PARALLEL CARD IN AN AVAILABLE PCI SLOT I WOULD THINK THAT WOULD WORK.

Hi Hacim,

That should work, as r14 is older technology and is used to parallel ports.

HTH
Todd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back