Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to setup default database for universe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcatcat

Technical User
Jul 9, 2007
CN
[Background]
DB: sql server 2000
There are two databases: ABC-production, ABC-test, whose database structures are same.

When I insert a table into my universe:
1)if I set owner=dbo and qualifier=ABC-test, I can fetch the data from ABC-test.
2)if I leave owner and qualifier empty, I will fetch the data from ABC-production.

[Question]
I want to switch between ABC-production and ABC-test, but I don’t hope to change table config one by one every time.
Is there some place I can config this generally?

I have try to set default-database=ABC-test in datasource configuration, but it doesn’t work. ABC-production is always the default database when I leave owner and qualifier empty.

Create an BO account for each database. Now specify 2 BO connections (one for test, one for production).
Assign the correct connection for the combination of account-universe in supervisor and you can switch by using the proper account.

Ties Blom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back