Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to set up

Status
Not open for further replies.

ulforv

Technical User
Apr 13, 2010
SE
Hi All.

system is MCD 7, latest released.
system phone is 5340

How to set this up?
when a call is comming externaly to an ext this will be rerouted to a group, this works fine with the Busy/DND reroute ext. in first alt.

But in the samt time I would like the reception to que callers to extentions, this is my problem. how to solv this?
If I change the Call Reroute first alt options buys/dnd to normal, I can que callers but then the reroute to the group don´t work.

any good idees?

Regards UO

Create hunt groups for the users where they are the only member

Transfers to the hunt group will queue without following the reroute (when the set is busy)

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

KwbMitel is correct, hunt groups will work. O course you have to manage multiple number this way.
Another way would be to add more multi-line appearances of the number to the device, down side of this method is the queue depth is limited to the number of keys programmed. Upside, only one number to handle.

Multiple numbers are not too difficult to design properly

e.g.

1234 is original extension

1*1234 would be the hunt group for example

From the users perspective, 1* acts like a feature code to invoke campon

Hi,

Thanks for the tip. I will use the huntgroup tip. sounds easy to use and easy to exaplain to the customer to use the "feature access" code que a call.

Regards UO

Hi. found a eayser way i think :)

It i use Call Forwerad first alt and in the Busy/DND DID reroute the calls to a group. When a call is ringing on a direct ext then the call is rerouted to the reception group in this case the can not put the call back to the extentions to que.

But if i leave the Busy/DND DID to normal and use the form Call Forwarding Profila and ad Busy External to the receptions group. The call will reroute to the recepions group but the can put call back to the busy extention to que :)

Works for me when i test so i will try this solution.

Regards UO

@kwbmitel - only comment is you no longer have a uniform dialing plan and it may require ARS changes in the cluster for RDN routing unless your using unknown number of digits to follow.

@isrm

Fair point on the cluster but anyone working on a clustered system should know how to modify ARS for this scenario

As far as uniform dialing is concerned it all depends on what you define as uniform. I do this all the time and I love that simply looking at the extension can tell you everything you need to know about the extension. You can make this work for you.

e.g.
1* + Extension = Personal Outgoing Line on Station
2* + Extension = Mobile Extension (EDHU)
3* + Extension = Hot Desk extension
4* + Extension = Softphone
5* + Extension = Teleworker

etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back