Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to set up network teaming on new DL580 / Win2K8 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkrausnick

Programmer
Apr 2, 2002
US
I just installed Windows 2008 on my new DL580 server with dual GB NICs. In network properties, Windows shows the 2 NICs as 2 separate network connections. In my current Windows 2003 server, network properties shows a third icon representing the teamed connection, and that's the one I work with.

Does that mean the NICs are not teamed on my new server, and if not, how do I do that? Is that the same as a "Network Bridge" in Windows 2008?

Thanks for your help!

Mike Krausnick
Dublin, California

You're looking for the HP Network Teaming software. Since you genned the system properly (using the Smart Start CD), this program will already be running for you in the system tray. It looks like a little green network card. Doubleclick it and you should be good to go.

If you didn't use the smartstart CD to gen the system, then you'll need to install the Proliant Support Pack from HP's site (for a lot of reasons). This will help get you back where you need to be. Be sure to get the correct version for the OS you installed, Server 2008 32 or 64 bit.

If what you have stated is correct on your W2K3 server (ie two NIC connections and the Teamed connection), that is indeed correct. You should only be able to configure the Teamed connection with IP Address details.

The HP Network Teaming software should also be available as an icon in Control Panel. I would check to see if it is on your W2K8 server. If not, download the drivers from the link below:

--------------------------------------
"Insert funny comment in here!"
--------------------------------------

Steve,

That did the trick. Thanks!

Mike Krausnick
Dublin, California

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back