Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to set up national keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

trifo

MIS
May 9, 2002
HU
Hi!

I have some AiX boxes with LFT terminals and hungarian keyboards connected to them. Now most of them is running with the default language environement settings (en_US) thus I can not type "|" (pipe) and some other useful characters. (For example pipe character is AltGr-Q on the hungarian keyboard).

There is a box which was installed in the ancient times, its language config seems to be (according to SMIT):
Primary Cultural convention: ISO8859-1 en_US
Primary Language translation: ISO8859-1 en_US
Primary Keyboard: ISO8859-2 hu_HU

I tried to set the same settings on newly installed boxes, but it failed with a message telling that "Cultural convention, Language and Keyboards codesets does not match".

Now can you help me how to make use of my hungarian keyboards?

Thanks,

--Trifo

Hi,
if you want to change the server’s language, you can use the command “smitty mle_cc_cust_hdr”. You can select the correct language and after to have pressed OK, the server tries to find on the input device (/dev/cd0) the correct software.

I believe that all fields must have the same standard (for example ISO8859-2).

Ciao!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back