Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to set up dial in using a modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

capefear

Technical User
Sep 18, 2005
US
I have several routers and a couple of switches.One router in particular is a 2511 access/terminal.I have setup reverse telnet so i can log in to any device on my lab. I want to be able to dial in using a modem from anywhere with my laptop to my home lab to practice on when I'm away from home.What type of modem would i need on the 2511 side and i suppose i would need a modem on the laptop.I want the same capabilites like some of these labs on the internet where you buy rack time to use their equipment.Hope this post makes sense thanks in advance.

I use pcanywhere for all my dial up connections. I am not sure about the router and reverse telnet thing, but if the computer you want to access is plugged directly into a phone jack then you just load the pcanywhere host on it and set it up to wait for a call.

Bo

Kentucky phone support-
"Mash the Kentrol key and hit scape."

Bospruell thanks for that my pc is not directly plugged into a phone jack but through a linksys wireless router.I thought maybe i could by and external modem and plug it into the termserver and access my lab equipment with my laptop from anywhere using a internet connection.If you know of a site that has that configs please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back