Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to set up a win nt workstation to a server?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I am doing a project call Visual cam where the computer will monitor the road situation. I am writing the program using visual basic 6.0
I want to sent some file to the internet when there is a long queue.The problem is I can't send the file using ftp cos of the firewall (That's what the big wig in school told me)so I decided to set 1 pc as a server and another as a client.
I had download the personal web server but I am not sure if that support ftp so I ask one expert what I should do. He told me to get the internet information server for win nt workstation but I can't find any:(
The worst part is that I can't find the expert anymore.(don't ask me why!)
Pls help!Btw I am running on win nt workstation. I had already bought a hub, 2 RJ45 cable and 2 network card.

Ok, I don't have a very good answer to your problem but here are some options:
1. If you are sending very little information, you might want to consider requesting an URL instead of sending a file. For example, the following URL has some information:
The information would have to be processed by a script in the server (for example a ASP or PHP file), but is not hard to program this.

2. Try getting a simple, small, FTP server on the net, a good resource for this is You may also find Apache there, which is a simple Web Server for NT.

3. Get another expert.

Hope something helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back