Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to set up a phone to answer a specific vdn/vector director number?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIS
Aug 21, 2001
US

In our call center, any of our phone terminals can answer all VDN calls from Vector 1, the only vector right now. Recently, we added some Lucent 6408D+ for the office folks who used to use their pot lines. Obviously, I need to set up these new office extension with a unique VDN number. Say, if I want to set up phone ext 2588 to answer VDN #2500 calls from Vector 4. How can I do that? Is something that I must set up in the dial plan?

Thanks

Add VDN 2500, give it a name and point it to a new vector. On the vector form do the following:

wait 0 seconds hearing ringback
route to number 2588 with coverage y unconditionally

Or better yet point the new vdn 2500 to vector 1 also. This assumes that you want the same call treatment for callers as the other vdn's.

You could also add an x port station and create a coverage path that routes to the correct extension.

Chris

Hi,

Are you sure that is what your looking for? You say these are for office staff who, I presume, don't have any dealings with the call centre. As such, if I presume right, then you don't really need a vdn for each individual user but you can just change the trunk form to have the calls routed correctly.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back