Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to set up a counter in my web site

Status
Not open for further replies.

ERBGsys

Programmer
May 30, 2003
CU
I'm new to web development, and I have just created a Web page that consists in several html pages. The site has a main page but it's not necesary to load it in order to access the site.
I want to be able to set up a site counter, in other words, I want the counter to increase whenever any page be loaded by a visitor.

Search google for [maroon]JavaScript Page Counter[/color]

You'll see hundreds of results for free counters and instructions.

DeZiner
Never be afraid to try something new.
Remember that amateurs built the Ark.
Professionals built the Titanic

You can also look for Webalizer if your hosting your own site... Webalizer is completely server side produces clean stats, doesn't show to visiters (I hate vanity counters... My vistiers don't need to see how many "hits" I have) unless they are looking for it. And it tells location of visters, where your visters are comming from and what browser they are using...

i know that this doesn't have much to do with the subject of the thread, but i do totally agree with you on how those visible counters are nothing but vanity.

Later,
Greelmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back