Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to set to record all calls automatically

Status
Not open for further replies.

craigliu

Technical User
Apr 16, 2010
CA

We use ICP SX-200 and MiTEL 5220 phone. The function of "record a call" is working. And if we press the feature key of "record a call" on the phoneset, the recorded voices can be saved in the voicemail box or, be sent to an email.

My question is: What can I do to make it automatically record all calls?

I read the document that there is "option 269 Record a call: start Recording Automatically" in FORM 03. But in our Form 3, I can not find this option 269.

Please help and any suggestion is welcome. The detailed, the better.

2 things

1) The voicemail can be set to record all calls for selected extensions but is not designed to record all calls for all extensions.

2) the hold key and transfer do not work while recording (maybe other stuff too)

I question whether you really want to do this.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

The COS-option "Start Recording Automatically" should also be enabled in the COS of the extension itself (on a 3300-sytem, that is).

Check your Class Of Service options for "Record-A-Call - Start Automatic Call Recording"

Also, RaC only works on external (incoming or outgoing) calls (a trunk must be involved).

Thanks kwbMitel and dbijen for your reply.

I enabled Form 3 Option 269, "Record a call: start Recording Automatically", then all in/out calls in any phone are automatically recorded.

It seems that it is opposite to what kwbMite said in 1. We only want to record selected phones. any idea on it?

One more question: is there any way to log all incoming calls' phone number? Need help!

What I meant by #1 is that you should set up a specific COS to record Specific phones. Recording all phones all the time is not recommended (unless you have very few phones).

For tracking calls you need to set up SMDR.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

kwbMitel, sorry for my misunderstanding. Then how to setup auto record calls for selected phones?

I enabled Form 3 option 806 "SMDR -- record incoming calls". what is SMDR form? I can not find it. Where to find the recorded calls' number?

Thanks for more helps.

What Kwb means is to create another COS for the phones that are to record all the time and enable Option 269 in that COS for those phones. Leave all other phones in the previous COS you had them in and leave Option 269 disabled.

You can connect to the printer port and capture the SMDR that way or telnet in to the system via a socket and capture that way as well.

SMDR will only capture incoming numbers if you are receiving Caller ID from the Telco and the caller doesn't block sending Caller ID.

"The only problem with common sense is that it's not that common

You are really going to have a lot of grunt work if you intend to have to route through SMDR logs to find which Calling line ID is connected to what recording. Might be better buy a proper recording system.

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

From your responses, it seems that enabling these two functions are not easy.

Today, the company told me that there are products in market for these purpose:

1) Caller account system for all call history.
2) CallRex for record all calls for seletced phones.

Are there any comment for these products? Thanks for response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back