Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to set the control to a property ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hujur

Programmer
Feb 14, 2003
US
Hello

I am developing a three tier application inthat
First UI-Interface
Second Businessrules & Validations
Third DatabaseConnection & For Each Table There is separate class and class has separate methods to fire delete,select,update,insert etc...all the methods related to tables queries.

Now the UI- Forms has MSH-grid and insert,update,delete buttons and ok and cancel buttons and also controls.

When the form loads fires up the select methods of the business object/SecondTier then that triggers the select method of the Third tier which returns recordset to second tier and secodn tier copies the recordset into disconnected recorset and then hte disconnected recordset is passed to UI directly into the MSH-grid.

Now in order to manipulate the data users clicks on the existing row and at that time in the clicks event I populate the property of all columns in the second tier.Also the properties are called from the lost focus event of each text box.
and now it display the data into the text boxes on the form. user manipulates it and then clicks the update button and it trieeger the update method of second tier which takes the manipulated data from property and update the row into the disconnected recordset.

Now my question is How do I tie the property to controls directly instead of every time setting it in the cilck event of the grid and also at the lost foucs event of the text boxes?

In this case am not tying the recorset with the controls.
I am tying hte grid to recordset and data gets manipulated via controsl ie text boxes at that time property gets the latest values and from properties it goes to the disconected recordset and this recordset is passed back to gird to redispaly the changed value.

I hope it not so confusing and please reply.

Thanks for Help in Advance !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back