Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to set FDMI Host Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorenzbb

IS-IT--Management
Dec 30, 2007
DE
Hi,
I would like to set the FDMI Host Name, so that I can find out which device ist connected to my HP Storageworks 4/16 Switch. How do I do this in Windows Server 2003 ?

Thanks

Lorenz

if you have an emulex HBA,you can do it with the config utility (should be lputil normally and is the easiest way to do it ),or directly in the registry.
For other hba brands I have no idea.

rgds,

R.

I hav a Qlogic 2462 HBA. any Ideas ?

Just come to think of it, why would you want to have FDMI enabled , if you can just create an alias for the WWPN of you host HBA(s) on your switch ... Much easier ...

I tried that out - it works, but I think FDMI would be much more elegant. Also there are no special characters allowed but underlines.

I thought that maybe the driver sets the FDMI name by the NETBIOS Name of the Server: that would be really elegant...

I looked in the Qlogic SAN Surfer program: no entry for FDMI in the help file...

Thanks a lot: Now FDMI is turned on, unfortunately it looks that there's a bug in the Qlogic driver (I read about this in the HP forum): the FDMI Hostname ist not set....

I rethink on setting the alias in the switch...

Regards

Lorenz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back