Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How To Set Default App Server In Citrix

Status
Not open for further replies.

turncom

Programmer
May 3, 2002
US
My organization decided that all us developers should share the same copy of JDev via a Citrix server. We have it configured so that we each use our own home folder to store our code. No problem.

However, we will be developing JSP's and Servlets. By default, when you test a JSP or Servlet JDev starts up an embedded session of OC4J (a local copy of Oracle9iAS). We will have an instance of Oracle9iAS available for our development. I know how to set up another instance of a server, so that you can deploy your apps to it when you choose to. But how do you set the default behavior of JDev to use that Oracle9iAS instead of starting up an embedded session of OC4J?

Okay folks, let me toss out an idea. When you install JDeveloper, one of the folders it creates it JDev. Under that folder is a System folder. In that folder is an XML file called settings.xml. It is a huge file, and about half way through it is an Item with <key><embedded-server-options></key>. Buried within THAT is <specifiedHostName/>. My spider sense tells me that is probably one of the configurations to set to instruct JDeveloper to use an outside server, rather than the embedded one.

Whattayathink?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back