Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to set custom HTTP header for single sign on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharon3874

Programmer
Oct 27, 2006
US
Currently we just begin to use an application called "etran". This application requires user name and password to login. Now, my assignment is to integrate etran application in our internal application. This means that somewhere in our internal application, there is a link leads to the etran application.

It is going to be single sign on, that means that once user logs into our internal application, when he/she clicks on the etran link, no sign on to etran is needed.

I consult with the technical people in etran. they said that our internal application needs to send a "login request" to etran via SSL with the user's information encoded in base 64 format. etran captures the HTTP header containing user authentication and authorization information, and parses the required information from the HTTP header.

My question is that how I set user information in HTTP header? From my understanding, once I am able to set the user information in HTTP header, it is in base 64 format?

Thanks in advance for your help.

You don't say what techology are you using for your app, so I'll assume it's a servlet. Take a look at this tutorial to start.

Cheers,
Dian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back