Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to set an initial default web page?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cesaremp

Programmer
Aug 21, 2013
ES
Hi,

I’m trying to set a default start web page for my website (asp.net 2.0 VB), so that when I type my server name and virtual directory in the URL bar ( it appears that established initial page ( I use URL Rewriting, so I call my initial page that way ‘initialPage’ and not ‘index.aspx’ (the real file/page name).

Which is the best way to do it? From the point of view of performance and maintenance?
The solution will be the same when I publish my website using a registered Domain Name? (
Thanks in advance for your help,
Cesar

You set the default page in IIS or what ever server you are using.

I tried the solution you said but it didn’t work. Indeed, it was the first thing I made before posting the question. Anyway I discovered in my URL Rewriting module a method in web.config file to set that default page (defaultPage = "myDefaultPage.aspx") and this works fine. I don’t know if an URL Rewriting module can invalidate default document option in iis. (I use iis 5.0 under windows 2000 Server and asp.net 2.0).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back