Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to seperate column headings for a sub report

Status
Not open for further replies.

satyakumar

Programmer
Jun 29, 2008
US
Hi Tech people,

I have a main report in which i inserted a sub report, But the main report columns are different and sub report colums are different. I can not do any links between these reports also.

The main report and sub report are running fine, But my only problem is Each page the main report columns are coming even when the report is displaying sub report columns and data. Means after the main report data is finished, again the column headings in the main report are displaying for the sub report as well till the end of the report.

I kept the Main report columns in the page header and the sub report in the Report Footer.

So how do i eliminate the Main report column headings when ever the sub report data starts to display. Please let me know.

To clarify, have you put the subreport in the report footer? And you want the page header to stop printing for pages that are wholly subreport?

What you need to do is conditionally suppress the page header. Right-click and choose Section Expert. Then choose the formula icon (x+2 and a pencil) for suppression. Enter a formula; onlastrecord should do it.

This is based on Crystal 11. It helps to give your Crystal version - 8, 8.5, 9, 10, 11 or whatever. Methods sometimes change between versions, and higher versions have extra options.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Crystal 11.5 with SQL and Windows XP [yinyang]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back