Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to send mail from AS400 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

francoisf

Programmer
Feb 11, 2004
FR
Hi,

i would like to send mail from AS400 to a mail server.
I think it may exists a mail server connected on the local network, because i can access to OUTLOOK and i can access to the AS400 from the same PC.

i don't know anything about communication between AS400 and others types of systems.

Thanks if you can help !

I'm sorry, I know it's not a RPG question, if you know a forum where i can put this kind of question, please let me know .. Thank you !

First question is,,,, what do you want to send from the AS400 to your outlook client? There are several programs / systems available that will let you send AS400 reports as pdf files to a mail client like outlook or latus notes.

I am not sure we understand your question.

There is a built-in command SNDDSD *LMSG that will send email, or there are APIs that would allow you to send email.

iSeriesCodePoet
iSeries Programmer/Lawson Software Administrator
[pc2]
See my progress to converting to linux.

Hi,
thanks for your help,
i tryed the way explained in your link out Talkturkey, and i got the message "distribution send successfully", but i didn't receive the mail ... (i tryed local or remote address)

i've never worked with another system than AS400 system, and i'm a beginner with network issues.

Any advice would be welcome !

PS:
iSeriesCodePoet : i don't know what is an API
jmd0252 : i have to send spool files or .txt files by mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back