Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to send data from a local queue to a remote queue definition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kosalayb

Programmer
Dec 4, 2003
IE
I have one Queue manager,a local queue and a remote queue definition to a local queue of a remote machine.
I need to send data form the local queue to the remote queue definition.
How can i do that?
Can i triger the local queue such a way that passes data to the remote queue definition?If so, what are the settings?
Is there any other mathod of doing that?

Define a tranmit queue on the local qmgr that will be used to transmit messages to the remote queue manager.

Define a pair of channels between the two queue managers (if message flow is to be both ways). Make sure that the sender channel specifies the newly created transmit queue as its transmission queue. Make sure a listener service is running on the target machine and that it is listening to the correct port. (You will need a listener on the local qmgr (if one doesn't already exist) if you want two-way message flow)

Define a remote queue name that has the newly created tranmit queue specified as its transmit queue. Start the channels and drop a message onto the remote queue. That should pretty much do it.

2 possible ways, there may be other:

1) Define a triggered process which will take it off the local queue and put it to the RQ definition.

2) Delete the LQ and replace it with an Alias Queue of the same name, the AQ pointing to the RQ definition.

IBM Certified Confused - MQSeries
IBM Certified Flabbergasted - AIX 5 pSeries System Administration
MS Certified Windblows Rebooter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back