Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to send attachment with appointment from Access 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

aMember

Programmer
Jun 12, 2002
US

I am very new to access and am modifying some inherited VBA code in Access 2000.

A button on the Access DB toolbar allows a user to send e-mail. The e-mail contains an attachment but I cannot see how the attachment is generated. The line
doCmd.sendObject acReport, "theAttachment", "acFormatRTF", AttendeeString...

I do not see how theAttachment is being generated. It is not, so far as I can tell, generated until the e-mail is created.

I know about the .attachment property but I guess my real question is, what does the sendobject do? acReport didn't even seem to be an option for this field.

It has been requested that I modify this to send an appointment. I have done this successfully without the attachment but I need the attachment. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for help
Andrea

Hi,

I assume you have looked at the help screen for DoCmd.SendObject.
In this case "theAttachment" refers to the name of the report (acReport) in the database to send in Rich Text format (acFormatRTF) to the email address(es) in AttendeeString.
I would look at the reports tab of your database for this particular report.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back