Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to send and retrieve data through ASP like registering application

Status
Not open for further replies.

AstroPower

Programmer
May 8, 2005
EG
Hello
I can write down some Vbscript codes to ASP file to get serial number and calculates passowrd to that number and send it back as a response

The question is how to send that serial and also retrieve the response in VB application to register your application for example in a hidden way
Thanks for help

I'm having a tough time understanding your question. Can you re-phrase it?

Chip H.

You are basically asking how to do online registration of your VB product, yes?

It sounds like he wants the application to handle the registration internally, hitting his ASP page with the serial and other registration data and fetching back the password.

If so, there are a number of techniques ranging from the Winsock control/API to the Inet control/API to XMLHTTPRequest to a 3rd party control or ...

But they all come down to the same thing. Just prompt the user for the serial, email address, etc. then fire off an HTTP request and parse the response. One could use the existing "human readable" ASP page or have another one more machine oriented (XML, plain text, or whatever). Then record the password locally and/or display it for the user to record as you see fit.

Thanks to all of you
Yes I'm asking about online registration of my app. using any given serial to the customer which he should write it along with his email and then pass it to the ASP and retrieve the passowrd from the ASP and then do some actions to run application.
My specific Qu. is how to send and retrieve to and from ASP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back