Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to send an email to a contact list in excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longnos

Technical User
Sep 10, 2010
GB
I have created an excel sheet with lots of different email addresses. I am now wanting to either create a distribution list in outlook with these or simply send an email to all the addresses in excel. Is this possible? Thank you!! :)

Seven years ago I was trying to do something similar:
thread707-495489

You can copy and paste from excel into your email "To" field.
Have you tried doing this into your ADD distribution list option in your email client/address book?

Gavin

It is easy to create a distrbution list from email addresses in Excel for Outlook 2003 (it may work with other versions of Outlook as well).

In Excel, make sure the person's name and email address are in consecutive cells like this:

Name Email
Joe Schmoe jschmoe@ schmoeco.com
Mary Schmoe mschmoe@ schmoeco.com

Copy all of the data in the Name and Email fields.

Create a new - or open an existing - distribution list.

Click the Select Members button

On the resulting screen, you will see a Members-> button with a text input box for either typed email addresses or selections from your contacts list. Put your cursor in the box and Ctrl-V to Paste. All of the email info will be pasted in the box. The column headings will also come over, so go to the top of the list and delete those. Click OK and your distribution list is generated with both the person's name and email address.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back