Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to select or highlight a row by clicking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gonfer

Programmer
Jul 4, 2007
CA
Hi guys

I'am getting a nightmare to design one report by using SSRS 2008 (mandatory, I have no choice in this case). I need to solve a critical issue for the final users in my report:

When you select by clicking the column of a row in the parent report to call any other "Child" report configured in the action option for this column, you lose the visual location of the row of the column clicked, because later on when you back to the parent report is complicated to locate which row did you click!!. Somebody knows how can I left marked! or highlighted the row in the parent report?

Thank you very much in advance.
Warm regards !!!

GonFer

Only way i can think of is this.

Have a variable within the main report. On first run it is blank.

On the Sub report have a variable that contains the unique identifier of the record in the first report (a primary key for instance - or a concat of primary keys).

So when you do the drill down you pass the PK to the sub report. Then on the sub report you have a back button. This links to the main report and passes the nessessary parameters back.... along with the PK that you passed down. Then you can use the backround colour of the row to change just the one record to a different colour.

Not fun.... but i cant think of any other way

:)

Dan

----------------------------------------

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Bernard Baruch

Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy is about telescopes - EW Dijkstra
----------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back