Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How To Select More Than One Cell 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielh68

Technical User
Jul 31, 2001
US
Hi.

Whenever I have a table containing many cells and I wish to move a few over...say 12pixels left, I CTRL click one, move it over and then repeat the same process for the remaining cells.

My question is this:
Can I group select cells?

I've tried holding down shift, shift/ctrl, shift/alt...all combinations fail to do the trick. Does such a thing exist?

Thanks in advance,
DanH

You can select multilple cells:

To select nonadjacent cells, do one of the following:

Press Control (Windows) or Command (Macintosh) and click in the table to add cells, rows, or columns to the selection.

Select multiple cells in the table, and then press Control (Windows) or Command (Macintosh) and click cells, rows, or columns to deselect individual cells.

Caveat: they must be located in the same table - You cannot select cells from different tables at the same time. Also, you have to be in "standard" view and not in "layout" view.

Hope this helps,

Crispy

Yes, it does...immensely. Thanks for your help, Crispy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back