Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to select difrent trays

Status
Not open for further replies.

C3rv32a2

IS-IT--Management
Apr 15, 2011
MX
Hello I have an HP LaserJet 4000 printer with 3 trays. On windows 7 I can choose correctly and with no problem any tray that I need. But in Windows xp by default it sends the printing to tray 3, but if I choose tray it sends it to tray 1 which is the mannual feed. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

When selecting print from an application, go into the properties of the printer. Under the "Paper/Quality" tab, you should have the option to select the paper source and media. For the paper source, select the tray you want. For media, leave it as Auto Select.

If you still have problems, you need to navigate to the paper handling settings using the control panel on the printer. Make sure the paper type is set to "any type" for the tray you are trying to print to.

Carl

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test
a man's character, give him power.
" - Abraham Lincoln
[tab][navy]For this site's posting policies, click [/navy]here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back