Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to see the value of a global variable at various places

Status
Not open for further replies.

janardan

Programmer
Aug 7, 2002
US
I am using a global var. and modifying it into various places like in Suppress code of detail sections(i have 5 additional detail section and their visibility depends on some parameters), actually this global var is a flag that becomes true if any of the detail section is shown.
and if this global flag is true then i have to show a section that contains the Heading for the main detail section(i think u got what i need ie repeat the heading for each record if some break occur due to some additional details).
but it is not working as i want, so i want to see the value of the var after each assignment into all additional sectiion's suppress code.
just like debugging the report. is it possible???

Thanks
Janardan

Anytime you want to see the status of a variable, just create formula like:

WhilePrintingRecords;
<VariableType>Var VariableName;

Display the formula where you want to find out the variable status.

Naith

In other words, declare the variable but don't assign a value to it. You can put this formula anywhere and it will show the current value at that moment without changing it.

Of course, if you put into a section that contains another formula that modifies the same variable, you want to make sure that the Display formula is evaluated last. Use the &quot;EvaluateAfter&quot; function to make sure they are done in the right order . Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guide to using Crystal in VB
tek@kenhamady.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back