Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to see the folder size in explorer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanPopescu

Technical User
Dec 25, 2004
CA
I installed a program called disk view on my computer
this allows me to see the folder sizes on my disks.
I suposed to have a new toolbar in explorer
But nothing
How do I setup the explorer in order to allow the new toolbars to be installed?
I have xp sp2
thanks

Right click on the toolbar that's already in explorer and you should see it there.

Although for me, the status bar tells me the folder size / anything select anyway so not sure why you'd want a 3rd party add-on to do the same thing.

Steve.

"They have the internet on computers now!" - Homer Simpson

How to see the folder size in explorer?
Alt+Double click on the folder icon. (General tab)

LIVERPOOL FC - FA Cup Winners 2006.
Iechyd da! John
Glannau Mersi, Lloegr.

Why do I want to be able to see the size of the folders directly? Because my disks are almost full and I want to see wich folders are larger. There has to be a setting in the registry that allows me to turn off the protection for the toolbars in order to install a new one. This is my question. I know about view- toolbars and from there to choose wherever toolbar to show. Bust this program or another similar one will show into the normal explorer window the size of a folder like how size of the files are shown.
This is my question

Thank you

Is this what you are talking about?

Hey, where is the DiskView Toolbar? I don't see it.

These might be worth a read too.

Relocating Hard Drive Capacity and File Compression
thread779-939540

Hard Disk still full after deleting large files
thread779-1136701

Try ViewFolderSize Pro

This application enables you to view details of total file and folder size directly in Windows Explorer. You can also monitor your folders and take automatic action if their size reaches a certain limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back