Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to see history of message ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

khho9

MIS
Mar 13, 2003
HK
Hi all ,

I have an MQSeries running on NT. As there is some problem with my application so I need to see the message history which include the content and the reaching time of the message. Is that possible ? The message is not in the queue anymore and is non-persistent message.

Thanks.

Perseus

If the message is not in the queue and is NPM there is NO WAY you can see what messages made it through that queue. You have to remember that MQ is a tool to pass messages accross reliably, not a monitoring tool to keep track of all the messages.

You can achieve this in 2 ways.
1) Write an API exit if it is a local queue, or a channel exit if it is a remote queue.
2) You can buy a monitoring tool that would keep track of all the messages for you. I am not aware of any such tool, but there could be one.

Cheers
KK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back