Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to see changes to asp page 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigracefan

Programmer
Apr 2, 2002
US
I'm new to asp.net and I've change some code in a codebehind form. The change is a different output to an existing textbox. I don't get any errors but I don't see the change when I run the page. I've tried remaning the .vb page and referencing it again. Same thing, no errors but I don't see the change.
What I am doing wrong?

Thanks.

Code:
<%@ Register TagPrefix="hdr" TagName="Header" Src="Common/Controls/Header.ascx" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="ftr" TagName="Footer" Src="Common/Controls/Footer.ascx" %>
<%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" Codebehind="frmhistory.aspx.vb" Inherits="UnitedEmployees.frmhistory"%>
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">

Did you complile your new code? Have you tried tracing through it as well?

This going to sound real dumb, but how do I compile it? This is .net 1 that was wrote within studio 2002. I don't see a compile or make option on the file menu. Remember, i'm a newbie.

you can do Build -> Rebuild Solution or
just click the play(>) button on the tool bar. It will save anychanges, compile the code, and run the app in debug mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back