Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to secure perl Code

Status
Not open for further replies.

Programmer
Aug 29, 2007
FI
Hi all i would like to know how can i secure the perl code it self or compile the perl code so that no body can view the code when i put it on the server to run

You can compile it, but it could be decompiled. Using par or pp, or the perl dev kit from activestate
You could obfuscate it, and then compile it, but it could be decompiled and deobfuscated.

Albeit none too easily.

The only people who should be able to see the code on the server when run from cgi-bin are the root user, and whoever else has ftp or browser access to the cgi-bin directory.

Are you being perhaps over cautious? Or can you be more specific about your requirements? Because maintenance is an awful lot easier in script form, even from a version control system, no need for build machines, build time etc etc

Paul
------------------------------------
Spend an hour a week on CPAN, helps cure all known programming ailments ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back