Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to search within a PDF file

Status
Not open for further replies.

dinosaur

Technical User
Apr 2, 2001
US
I have crated a large number of PDF files via scanning a document and taking that image from the san and turning it into a PDF. I now want to be able to search the PDF files that I have created.

Yes I understand that the PDF files I have created are basically large pictures but is there some way to search them??? I could use some OCR software but in the end it would prob be faster for me to just type out all the text (about 1,000 pages).

Anyone know anything that can help me out?

Thanks for your time

IF you OCR'd before you PDF than you could search... otherwise it is just images to adobe. If the scanned document is pretty clear with few images and normal fonts OCR should work ok, but you still have to review it. You might consider contacting the source of the document for an electronic version.
-Pete

won't work if it is an image file and not text. Most scanned documents are not text but image files.
-Pete

Acrobat 5.0 will import scanned images & perform an OCR process. It is called Capturing. *****************************************
Red, White & Blue: Colors That Never Run!

Kristina McCook
Senior Logistician
CACI - Automated Sciences Group, Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back