Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to save settings in Remote Desktop Connection ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnpau80

IS-IT--Management
Jul 16, 2005
US
We have couple of Remote servers with Windows 2003 and Windows 2000 Server installed on them.

On Windows 2000 server we had installed Terminal Services(administrative mode) and I login to that server with the TS client or with Remote Desktop Connection (RDC) which is in XP pro (or) in the newer windows environment.

We keep connecting to these remote servers several times a day and I wanted an easier way of connecting , instead of keying the username/password/IP address everytime.

In the Remote Desktop Connection we can save our settings(username,password,domain, IP address to which we are connecting) and save the config as XYZ.RDP file, so I can just double-click on the XYZ.RDP file and it connects automatically to the remote server. This works when we connect to Windows 2003 servers, but not to Windows 2000 server.

Is there any way we can do this on Windows 2000 server as well ?

---Thanks
SAM

continued..................

We can save the settings for the windows 2000 server as well
but it when we connect it asks us the password...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back