Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to save multiple jpg images and text as one jpg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ovolen

Programmer
Aug 23, 2015
BA
I'm making a small Application where you can insert three pictures and that pictures will be the size of Picture Boxes.
As in the Image, Picture 1 is a jpg format and on it will be placed logo and information and it will never change(This image is format A4), other three pictures a user can added and it will be size of Picture Box.User also can add a text.
How to all these four images and text can be saved as one jpg?

Example of Application is in attachment.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=a6e7d72c-0ca7-4605-801b-3a4f8dd42636&file=TEST.jpg
That doesn't look much like VB5 or 6. I suspect that you might want to ask here: forum796

Why not vb6, he does refer to "picture boxes".

Maybe easier to always save as 4 jpgs and a text file. Maybe work out some similar filename for each so they could easily be found (Eg Mypicture1.jpg Mypicture2.jpg Mypicture3.jpg mypicture.txt)
It would however always need to be viewed in the format you desire by a special "viewer" that would load and place the jpgs into picture (or image boxes) and a text box on a form.

In any case you would need a special viewer to be able users to alter the jpps or text.

It is possible to combine bitmaps with APIS and save then as jpgs. There are a few examples in this forum.
You could have trouble re editing them however.

You should look at the application link the OP provides, Ted.

And I'll repeat - have you looked at the link? If you had done you would see that neither VB6 nor your outlined solution are applicable. The OP is asking "how do I do <x> in my existing VB.NET application" to which you have replied "you can do <y>, something completely different, in a completely different language".

From the link, it looks like all the OP really needs is (one of) the CopyFromScreen method(s) of the .net System.Drawing.Graphics class. Which is best discussed in the vb.net forum, would you not agree?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back