Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to save linked table too MDB so it can be modified for export 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProtocolPirate

Programmer
Nov 21, 2007
US
I link too an Excel spreadsheet and then I want to export to Pervasive SQL, but first I want to massage the field names (replace blanks with underscores) and put an index on one of the fields. I can link the table and export fine, but I can't change anything. When I try to Save As it creates an MDB that is still linked to the spreadsheet. I can't find any way to get it to replace the linked spreadsheet with a backend MDB database so that I can add an index.

Create a local unlinked table with the fields you require.
You can populate it with DoCmd.RunSQL "INSERT INTO yourtable SELECT * FROM linkedtable". Now you can do whatever you like before sending the data where it needs to go. (Don't forget to DELETE between loads)

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back