Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to run this architecture with JMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

zooxmusic

Programmer
Nov 24, 2004
US
Hi all, I can't seem to find a natural way to use JMS to solve my following problem. If anyone can point me towards a website, tutorial or anything in the correct direction I would appreciate it.

Here is the situation

3rd party sends xml files to me for events per an entity
First I bind the xml to a domain object
then I have to put the object onto pipeline to be read but here is the kicker

one of the receivers of the messages will get every single one and log them to the database (this is the easy one)

I need another one in which only the client that this message was intended for to receive the update and there are many different clients. I do not want to send all messages to every client and then have each client determine if the message was for them or not and then either disreguard or process.

How can this configuration be done with JMS? If I could use a dymanic Topic in which I name the topic the name of something specific to the client then I each client can register to their very own little topic and will only ever get their own messages.

Can someone help please!!!

Thanks in advance

Brian

Spend like you don't need the money,
love like you've never been hurt and dance like nobody's watching!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back