Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to run scripts before and after the backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrStig

Technical User
Jun 5, 2007
DK
Im am configuring Legato Networker 7.2 on a system with several servers and workstations.

Some of the servers have Oracle databases runnning and I am interested in getting the database shutdown before starting the backup and started up again after the backup has finished.

I imagine something like the following commands in the beginning:

-- pre-backup commands
/etc/init.d/oracle stop
/etc/init.d/ldap stop
-- then the start of the backup operation --
-- post-backup commands
/etc/init.d/ldap start
/etc/init.d/oracle start

Can somebody tell me whether a sequence like this is possible to implement whith legato networker software and if so provide me some tips on how and where it is done.

Kind regards / Thanks
MrStig

Hi,

Sure this is possible, have a look at the backup command savepnpc in the admin guide. That will show you have to do this.

Good luck

You will even find an example for your 'simple' script in the Admin Guide. It is my preferred method as well.

Just be ware that the script would be executed for each save set - you can avoid that by using another client resource.

savepnpc however works on the whole client (all save sets).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back