Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to run Radius on Passport switches ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

m4rc00

Technical User
Sep 9, 2009
GB
Hi,
I have inside network several Nortel devices (Baystacks, Passports etc). I tried to configure Radius solution there.
On Baystacks is working fine, but with the same secret, port, server, on Passports its not working. I checked radius logs and there is OK - my login is able to get authentication but on Passport (example 8006) - into logs is authentication failed. I have below error message :WARNING Code=0x1ff0009 Task=tShell Blocked unauthorized cli access"
Could you please help me ? Any idea what can be wrong ? How can i fix it ?

Hi,

Make sure you don't have any access policies set incorrect. Also check within the radius overview on the 8600 if authentication fails from the radius, or if its local. Also check the radius security/system events to see if the request do hit the radius and, if so, for what reason it is blocked.
Finally, a common problem is a incorrect policy on the radius itself. You'll find out by checking the events as advised.

goodluck with troubleshooting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back