Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to run application locally? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pavelkr

IS-IT--Management
Sep 18, 2007
GB
Completely new in Citrix – I just looking for remote work solution for the company that I work for, sorry.
I have installed evaluation copy of Citrix enterprise presentation server, and I am trying to run some application from this server. Everything ok except one: I can call external files from this application cabinet like word files, excel, graphics files etc…
I want to run these files locally on clients desktop PCs and not from the Citrix server. Office programs are even not installed on the server. How I can do it? If the Enterprise Presentation server can do it at all or I need another version?
Thank you

Enigma99,
In this guide: "Server to Client Redirection allows embedded URLs in published applications to launch the URL using the client’s corresponding application."
Can it run not just URLs?
Thank you

pavelkr,
I think you can redirect Office documents when you publish the application (ie...If you publish MS Word, you can redirect any .doc files to the local client).

I would test it by publishing out MS Word, MS Excel and other Office applications to test the redirection process.

enigma99,
Thank you, it would be great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back