Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to run a windows exe using Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

JungleMonkey

Programmer
Aug 18, 2002
US
I have a dell dimension with two harddrives in it along with two bootable partitions. One using red hat linux 9 and the other Windows 2000. I have 110 GB dedicated to my linux OS along with 512 MB RAM

I am using wxwindows to convert a program from MFC to use the wxwindows library. WxWindows address multi-platform programming. After creating the program using Windows 2000, I invoked Cygwin, which is a linux/Unix simulation software package that runs under windows. I tried typing ./<name of program> and off course it works.

On the contrary, when I invoke the Linux program. Typing this command, ./<name of program>, at the terminal does not do anything. In fact, I tried to attempt to use the GNOME command, but.. that resulted in failure also.

Is there a KDE or GNOME command that will help me run this program. If so, can you give me the parameters on what to type at the command prompt?

First Update /etc/fstab file give the correct partition name and number and file system
then use wine command for executing the exe of windows
# wine <path of exe file>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back