Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to run a DLT cleaning tape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
Apr 8, 2003
DE
I need to run a DLT cleaning tape, but I simply do not know yet how to do that.

Is the drive in a library? If so, what backup software are you using? What type of library is it?

Most STK libraries handle this them self if you have cleaningtapes in the maintenance slots

The library will handle cleaning for you provided that:-
1) Application cleaning is permanently disabled
2) The absolute correct cartridge is in use and some cleanings remain unused (LTO is particularly sensitive to the wrong cassette for example, but so is DLT, DLT1 and SDLT.)
3) The correct industry standard label is used for that type of cleaning cassette/drive type. (Force a clean to test it out, it should take several minutes to complete, if it finished faster or not at all, something is wrong.)

Hi,
I can send you a document which will explain you how to do cleaning. Let me know your email ID.
regards
Srinivas Bandaru

We have a StorageTek 9730 with 30 slots although regardless of the menu settings we can't get it to recognize more than 20 tape slots.

Anyone know what we're missing ?

There is also no "bar code" inserts on the remaining group of slots. They look like they may be read by the reader for something but I don't know for sure if thats important.

We just have some basic manual but it doesn't go into anything that indepth, it's more of a quick start guide.

Thanks in advance !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back