Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to route faxes without a fax server 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoneGuy88

IS-IT--Management
Oct 12, 2012
US
I have a bit of a conundrum.

Here's my setup:
IP Office 500V2
Advanced License
PRI Trunk

There's a fax number that comes into my IP Office via the PRI, and I need to get it to a single fax machine.

The fax machine is off-site, far away from the IP Office, so an analog connection isn't viable at the moment.

The fax machine is connected to the domain network via ethernet with an IP Address, and it sends incoming faxes to one user's email address.

How do I take the incoming faxes and route them over the ethernet to the fax machine? Or is this even possible without a fax server?

I tried making an incoming call route and pointing it to a shortcode which then points to the fax machine's IP address, but I'm not even getting fax tones when I call into the line.

What are my options?

if the fax sits on a network link then it is either a sip endpoint or just network capable. if it's a sip endpoint you could get a 3rd party endpoint license and register to the ipo, assuming vcm channels are available. if it is just network connected you have zero options. my guess is that it is simply plugged into the network for emailing and possible a network printer also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back