Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to route all calls from specific PRI to a hunt group?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MT1234

IS-IT--Management
Dec 7, 2005
US
We have 3 PRIs coming into a 3300. Is there a way to make all calls coming in on one particular PRI route to one particular hunt group?

Thanks in advance

To answer your question, yes, it's do-able.
This would need to be set up via IMAT.
The procedures are covered in the ISDN training module.
Unfortunately I am on holiday through Jan 3 and do not have remote access to that documentation.
Sorry I cannot be of more help at this time.

I don't need the information immediately so I can definitely wait until you've enjoyed your holiday.

Thanks for your help.

It seems to me there's another, more simpler way to do this since as you say we're dealing with the whole PRI.

What is the telco sending you today on this PRI?
Are they sending just an incoming seizure or D-I-D or DNIS digits (if so, how many?)

Would this work: (?)
Assign trunks to the PRI and put them all in the same trunk service assignment together (but use a diff. Trk Svc number for this PRI than your other PRIs)
If telco is sending you 4 digits with each call on this PRI could we not simply put the number of digits to absorb as "4" in the respective trunk service form and then either assign the hunt group pilot number as the Day/Night1/Night2 answer point? (or digits to insert column?)
Note that the hunt group pilot number (or PATH) would have to be predefined and the hunt group built before it could be assigned to the trunk service assignment form.

use the hunt group number as the answer point, intead of using the 0 to absorb

There has to be some entry in the "Digits to absorb" field. If you are not absorbing digits, you will still need to enter in the digit "0".

You can create and assign different trunk service assignments for each PRI Link. In the different trunk service assignments, you can program a different answer point for day, night1, night2. Those anwer points can be any dialable number on the system including a Hunt Group.

The operative statement being on the system.
If the "answer point" is on a remote node then you will need to create a system speed call pointing to the remote answer point, then assign the speed call number in the trunk service assignment for your ansewr point.

The answer point can be defined in the trunk service assignment form either by using the digits to insert field or optionally the day/night1/night2 fields.
For more creative/specialized applications you can take this a notch higher and put your answer point in the Intercept handling assignment form, not that you would ever want to but you could.

Paterson is correct in that on an incoming trunk the "Digits to absorb" field in the TRUNK SERVICE ASSIGNMENT form must be populated with some value.
You cannot leave it blank.
Use either zero (0) for a ringdown trunk where you expect an incoming seize but no incoming digits, else use the number of expected digits (i.e.,4) if it's a DNIS or DID trunk.

MitelInMyBlood: I'm not well versed in telecom jargon, but here's a try at explaining what we have going on. Our telco provides us with 23 trunks and a D channel on each of 3 PRIs. We have 4000+ DIDs. The DIDs are not assigned to any specific PRI but rather come in on whichever trunk is available next. We receive 4 digit DNISes for each call to those DIDs. We have entries in System Speed Call Assignment for each DNIS to route all calls to the same hunt group. All calls to that hunt group go to virtual extensions that are monitored by our CTI software. The CTI software looks at the DNIS digits and routes the call wherever it needs to go based on the DNIS. It turns out that System Speed Call Assignment maxes out at 3000 entries so we need an alternative method to keep calls routing to our customers. Sending all calls to a specific hunt group seems to be a good solution. I hope that clarifies things a bit and I really hope your solution fits our setup.

All: You guys have given me some great information. I'm planning to take your ideas and try them out in the next couple days. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Thank you all for your help.

try this. for that particular PRI assign it it's own trunks service assignment. in the trunk service assignment form specify an answer dn in the answer point for day, night1 and night2. in your case it's the hunt group dn. you must create this first and add your virtual extension numbers as members.

if you specify answer points in your trunk service assignment, you don't have to put anything in digits to absorb. these two fields are mutually exclusive.

I have used this method many times. However I did not need the dids for CTI or similar so not sure how the system will behave with this scenario.

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back