Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to route a specific international SPN 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jreadlock

Technical User
Feb 7, 2005
US
Hello all,

I am trying to use our VoIP trunks to route all calls going to these US numbers: 239-435-xxxx (from our office in the UK - our end user would dial 9-00-1-239-435-xxxx). How do I set up an SPN to allow this? I know what route to send them over but I can't figure out what combination of digit manipulations, SDRR, etc. etc.to get these calls over the VoIP trunks while maintaining all other US bound calls to route over our LD trunks.

Thanks in advance for your help!

I would print out your SPN's first to have a look at how there set up for I guess your AC1 (Level'9') post and we can hopefully take you through it

LD 90
REQ PRT
CUST 0 (Usually)
FEAT NET
TYPE SPN
TRAN AC1

SPN (Return) for all, or that SPN possibly 001

Cheers!!

Here is the SPN list:

SPN

SPN 00
FLEN 0
INPL NO
CLTP NONE
RLI 21
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE

SPN 017
FLEN 0
CLTP NONE
RLI 10
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE

SPN 8536
FLEN 0
CLTP NONE
RLI 81
ARRN 00
ARLI 82
SDRR ARRN CODES = 1
ITEI NONE

your sending all spn 00 to rli 21.. you would have to break that down to 00 1239. then send that to a route list pointed to your ip trunks.. that also means that any other number you need 9 00 + would need it's own entry..

i am doing the same thing here for our local area code.. 803 444 is local, 803 445 is ld.. so each 803 nxx has a 6 digit entry

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Create a RLI that does what you need, then add it in SDRR ARRN with ARRN 1239 and ARLI (you new RLI). There is no reason to build out all the SPNs to an increased digit length.

~~~
[small] [©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators [/small]

Here is an example of ARRN in use. You can only use ARRN with SPNs. There is no reason that all NPAs and NXXs cannot be changed to SPNs though.

[tt]
SPN 1414 <--------We are processing calls to SPN 1414 (Wisconsin)
FLEN 0
CLTP NONE
RLI 1 <---------RLI 1 routes all calls to 1-414-nnn-nnnn as needed.
ARRN 332 <---------But 332 (within SPN 1414) must be routed differently
ARLI 21 <---------RLI 21 tells how calls to 1-414-332 should be routed
SDRR ARRN CODES = 1
ITEI NONE
[/tt]

~~~
[small] [&copy;] GHTROUT.com [&hArr;] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators [/small]

Thanks for all of your assistance guys. We finally got it figured out...once my boss decided (after all of this...) to just route all US bound calls over the VoIP trunks instead of just that particular range. Of course that opened a whole new can of worms but that is another battle for another person (hopefully!).

Anyway, thanks again for all of your suggestions. If nothing else, I still learned quite a bit for next time this comes up...cause you know it will!

Later!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back