Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to reverse a "Purchase receiving" transaction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlbechard

Programmer
Jun 22, 2009
CA
I am using Macola ES 9.5.200.

Sometimes we receive items in the system by error. I would like to know how can we reverse the receiving transaction ( once it has already been received)?

As an example, supposed we have an item with a quantity of 6 in a PO. In the Purchase Receiving screen from PO&RFQ tab, we entered 6 in the Receipt Quantity field and we click Save. But in reality, we received only 4 out of the 6. We should have been entered 4 in the Receipt Quantity field instead of 6. Can we cancel this receiving transaction? Can we change the quantity receipt? What are the options here?

Thank you

I believe you can just do a negative receipt on that PO through the Purchase Receiving function. That should reduce your quantity on hand and increase your quantity on order.

I tried but Macola does not allow us to re-enter the PO because the quantity receipt was completed for the line number.

What else can I try?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back