Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to retrieve the Mitel ICP Phonebook ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

olive

Programmer
May 10, 2001
FR
Hello,

Is there any way to get (retrieve) the phonebook on a 3300 ICP from a 3rd party application (with HTMLToolkit, MITAI, or other ...) ?????

Thanks in advance

Launch Ops Manager.

Click on Configuration
Directory Management
Telephone Directory Export

Select a file destination and export type and select export.

I haven't had a need to try this yet but it looks like it would be straight forward enough.

Yes, from a third party software.

The function is located in the same location as indicated by my previous post. I don't know how comfortible I would be in importing the address book like this, but if you are confident that your data is correct across all fields and that all your fields match the Mitel specifications then you should be good to go.

I'm sorry but I will not use Ops manager ...

I am not an Ops Man fan either, but if you create your directory using a third party application it should be simple enough to export it from your third party app and then import it via Ops Man.

If you want to update your directory by eliminating the use of Mitel management software I am kind of at a loss as to how to accomplish this.

Either way, good luck.

Are you trying to create extensions based on external list? Normally OPS manager will keep the phone directory in sync. How many ICPs do you have?

I will only have one ICP, and I will not use Ops Manager.

Still, are you trying to create extensions? If so, import/export procedures can help you. Create couple of extensions and phone directory records. Export them and see the format. Compile appropriate list in your third party application and import it.

Slapin is on the right track. Trouble is, you can't export the Telephone Directory Assignment form. The only release I've seen that allowed you to export the entire TelDir was 7.1UR3. User Config might work, but that will only give you data for physical devices.

As far as an interface to program the directory from a 3rd party app, the import route would be easiest. For something automated, you'd have to play around with the MiXML interface.

Olive,
Based on your original question, I assume you are wanting to pull a copy of your 3300ICP Telephone Directory into another app and not vice-versa, and that you do not want to buy OpsManager? If that is the case then I can at least point you to some possible ways. You can either export the directory from within the ESM (rel 7.1 and up) under "Telephone Directory Assignment" or you can log into the 3300 via telnet and print the directory to a data port for capture (i.e. 3300 IP address + port number = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:pppp) using the following "form print" command from the maintenance prompt "fo tel dir /p lpr1" (lpr1 = printer port defined in the 3300). You will need to refer to the tech handbook/help files for explanation on assigning and using printer ports.

I hope this helps,

Dale

Dale,
In release 8.0, you cannot export Telephone Directory Assignment. I don't know why they took that away from us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back