Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to restrict users from logging in on weekends??

Status
Not open for further replies.

TriggerDust

IS-IT--Management
Feb 7, 2002
CA
I know this is probably a simple thing to do - but here goes. I have a global group of users that I created and I want to prevent them from accessing ANY network resources from midnite friday until 12pm sunday. Can anyone give me a quick tutorial on the easiest way to do this??

Thanks,

hi,
If you go into User Manager For Domains, then select the user, double click on them and in the properties select "Hours". you can specify the logon hours there.

If you want any more help ask

Russell

Russel,

Thanks for your quick response! I know you can do it that way, my problem however is that we're talking about probably 50 user accounts. I was hoping I could do it by grouping them and assigning the login time to the group - is this possible? Or am I doing it all by hand?

Go into the user manager for domains and select the users you want to restrict by using SHIFT key and select with the mouse all the 50 users. Then when you click on hours you can change them all at one go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back