Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to restore from different backup server.-- URGENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

IS-IT--Management
Nov 8, 2002
CA
Is it possible to restore the backup from another backup server, I have the media which contain the backed up data, the original server I was used for backup is down. I have second backup server which have Arc serve 2000 installed.

How do I restore the data from the second backup server.

Note: The first backup server is windows NT 4.0 , the second backup server is windows 2000

First will need to merge the tape into the ARCserve database. From the Manager drop down menu, go to utilities and the side menu will have a merge program. Select the tape, all sessions will be selected by default. Click the traffic light to submit the job. After the merge you will see the items from the tape in the restore views.

Thank You.

I have another issue with my second backup server, when I submit a job (any job except eject media or format media) the job sit idle and no error message or any status message which shows the job is running. When I look at the status it shows : Ready and Execution time shows : Run now.
How can I fix this.

How are you submitting this job? Manually or from a location?

The only time i have seen that before is if you were to be submitting the backup job when remoting into a machine through terminal services. T
his should have been fixed with sp4 for ARCserve 2000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back