Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to restore firmware for ServeRAID 3HB to an older version 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

deuk

Technical User
Dec 28, 2002
US
We recently upgraded the firmware for a ServeRAID 3HB card in a Netfinity 7000 machine. However, after the upgrade, the card hangs during POST. We searched IBM documentation, which indicates we should go back to a older version firmware.

Could someone help me with how to roll back the firmware to an older version?

I have tried to use an older version firmware disk while putting the ServerRAID card in a different machine which can boot. However it always says the card is ok with the latest firmware and does not give me option to roll back the version.

Thank you.

Hao

Hao,

You need to get yourself a copy of ServeRaid 3.50c firmware DISKETTES (not CD). Boot off the CD and once it disk starts booting, Press Ctrl F to force the flash update. Keep pressing this until the flash program is loaded. (I cant remember the exact time to press it). You can then flash this to the old level.

Sorry i didnt answer your question directly, I am on leave and didnt see the email until today.

Any probs, reply with the comments.

Neil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back