Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to restore deleted message from archives? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbriggs

MIS
Mar 3, 2003
US
useing CallPilot 4.4. Had enduser ext 2216 delete messages. So importaint that I am forced to ask here how to restore them:) Messages left 3-13pm and 3-14am. Messages deleted on 3-16. Full system back up ran 2100 3-14. Next one runs on 3-21. My admin book says it is possable to restore from archives just does not say how.

Yes, this is possible. From the System menu, choose Backup / Restore. Then under Select a Task drop down menu, choose Restore from Archives. If your full backup was to tape then ensure that the available archives device is selected as your tape drive. If it was to a network file, then ensure the network is selected. Then click on Retrieve Directory.

This may take awhile depending if you are retrieving this data from tape or over the network. Retrieving from tape ususally takes a long time (at least on my system).

Once the directories are retrieved, you should be able to find the date and time of the full backup and then just follow the screen prompts to drill down to the mailbox you want.

You can only restore individual mailboxes or messages from archives only. If you only have a full system backup then you will be restoring the entire system.

Signature===========================================

Aastra Authorized Reseller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back