Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to restore BE data from an domain that has been phased out to a new one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonlu

Technical User
Aug 23, 2006
SE
Hi Pro's,

I have an old domain that I would like to phase out. This domain used to contain a lot of servers holding many TB of data. Now there is only the backupserver and the domain controllers left. All our server that used to belong to the old domain are migrated to a new domain.
I would now like to phase out the last servers (DC and backupservers) too because we have changed to new backup servers in the new domain.

We would now like to be certain how to do when we will get future requests of restoring old data from the old domain to the new one? (we have requierments to be able to restore data 10 yrs back in time)

Do I need to keep the old backupserver and one DC in the old domain to be able to restore old data in the future or can I migrate the backserver to the new domain and phase out the DC? I'm worried about rights.

BR
/T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back