Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to restore backup with NTbackup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hi, I'm a beginner at win2000..
I've got a backup device from HP and a HP-computer..

I'm using NTbackup to backup my system..

I've used the MCSE training kit Windows 2000 Server as a resource, but I'm not certain if my backups are correct..
B-(

I've also looked through the resource kit, but can't figure it out..

I've made a screenshot of the display I get when I try to restore..
As you can see I'm unable to select the backup made..:(

I hope you'll be able to help me, cuz I don't know what to do anymore..(I'm all ears :^) )

Can't see the picture...

NTBackup is a great tool - so long as you don't use it. Go and buy Backup Exec.

Why go spend money on BackupExec if you don't need the extra features that it provides???

Need to explain the problem or fix the pic-link..

Apols, was jumping the gun slightly and assuming that the error is down to not being able to do brick level restores (had that question a lot in this forum).

Was anticipating rather than waiting - consider my wrist duly slapped.

NTBackup is great in 2k. Can't really schedule and brick-level isn't as big a deal in E2K as we have mailbox retention in case you accidently delete one. Way easier from a support standpoint. I tried several variations for the pic and none work :-( Dan
Microsoft Exchange Support @ Microsoft

We've got Exchange 5.5 / NT4.0 / NT4 Backup and will be upgrading next year to Exchange nad Windows 2000. Recovering individual mailboxes and moving mailboxes is a complete pain at the moment. Is this easier in Exchange 2000?

Considering 3rd party software - Arcserve Agent/ Veritas / Discus Data any views?

Also can anyone point me to decent instructions on how to move mailboxes with migration tool - most importantly getting the directory sync right? Thank-you.:-I

Funny, I was able to view the screen shot. Did someone not notice the underscore in the name, "...w_olf..."?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back